Custom Homes & Renovations The Clay Way
Building with Clay Construction is different. To put it succinctly, we build relationships founded on trust. To be more specific, we endeavour every day to be transparent, forthright and honest. We communicate often and openly. We own up to our mistakes, learn from them and strive never to repeat them. Clay Construction has been going strong for over 13 years and has experience in all aspects of construction. We draw on this wealth of knowledge daily for our custom home and renovation clients. At the end of the day, our goal is to always treat our clients as we would like to be treated.
Our detailed process is one of the reasons our clients choose us with confidence. Throughout pre-construction we ‘pause & review’ 3 times to ensure we are all on the same page and use these opportunities to potentially course correct. This approach gives our clients peace of mind that we are within their budget and consulting them throughout.
When we meet you in person, we break our process down into much more detail. Until then, here it is in 6 steps.
1. Lets Get Familiar
- We start with an in person, complimentary consultation. Whether you’re building a new home or doing a large renovation – we want to know all the details! We take time to tell you about who we are and walk you step by step through our detailed process. We may meet with you on more than one occasion, tour you through our current job sites, or provide you with contact information of our clients, both past and current. Whatever it takes to make you feel confident and comfortable with your choice.
2. You Sign Our Feasibility Agreement
- By signing this agreement, you are engaging us for the next step – seeing what’s feasible for your project. We assess your site conditions to understand what’s possible and communicate our construction strategy to your Architect/Designer. Once they have produced concept drawings, we will produce a concept budget based on historical data and allowances. This is an opportunity to pause and review – ensuring we are all on the same page.
3. You Sign Our Permit Budget Agreement
- By signing this agreement, you are engaging us for the next step – permits. Your Architect/Designer will produce permit drawings and using those we produce a permit budget based on collected trade quotes. This is an opportunity to pause and review – ensuring we are all on the same page.
4. You Sign Our Permit Budget Approval
- By signing this agreement, you are giving us permission to apply for permits. Your make your final choices with your Interior Designer on your interior finishes, and we produce the final Construction Budget. This is our last opportunity to pause and review – finalizing all of the details before we break ground.
5. You Sign Our Construction Agreement
Once this final agreement is signed, all of your project’s details are finalized and we break ground.
- Hazardous materials are removed (if applicable)
- Demolition or unbuilding of the existing structure (if applicable)
- Perimeter work, backfill, drainage
- Pouring of footings and foundation walls
- HVAC, plumbing, gas, electrical, home automation
- Insulation and drywall
- Interior Finishes
6. Post Construction
- After your house is complete, we do a site review with you and your project’s team. We record all deficiencies and fix them prior to your move in. After moving in, we acquaint you with our warranty & service program.